08 August, 2006

wooloo - Seoul



I am a Seoul-based visual artist. I am currently working in sculpture with
A4 office papers, which is dubbed by me.
Please visit
http://www.wooloo.org/wonjoo

Vegetarian sculpture
A4 copier paper is one of the most commonplace supplies, normally perceived as a material of temporality, disposability and generality. Here, however, the paper attains an immensely critical weight as its context renders it significant. I focus on this flexibility between ubiquity and specificity. Moreover, as the accessibility of the material allows me to freely reproduce my work, I significantly names these pieces as Ubiquitous Work, referring to the ‘ubiquitous computing’ of the Internet. Vegetarian Sculpture dubbed by myself, it reflects the intensely delicate process of making this vulnerable work and the organic aura that comes from it.


No comments: